Bank Holiday flying displays
SOME truly iconic aircraft are set to be seen in the skies above the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre over the May bank holiday weekend.
The East Kirkby-based site will hold events on Saturday, May 5 and Monday, May 7, when visitors will get the chance to view Avro Lancaster taxy runs and several aircraft flying displays.
On the Saturday the whole museum will be open to the public along with two Lancaster taxy runs at 1pm and 3pm.
And on Monday organsiers have set up what they promise will be one of the site’s “best flying days of the year”.
As well as two taxy runs of the Lancaster (1.30pm and 4.00pm), their resident Dakota will be displaying twice.
But the main highlights look set to be flybys from two P-51 Mustangs and an RAF BBMF Dakota flypast.
Tickets for the Monday event cost £10 for adults, £9 for seniors, £4 for children and £25 for a family ticket (two adults and two children).
For more information call the centre on 01790 763207 or visit www.lincsaviation.co.uk.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- BREAKING NEWS: Council to ‘explore’ possible sale of Louth Cattle Market
- Louth Ghost Walk part of Wolds Walking Festival
- Louth Hospital staff praised at NHS awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east