Louth Film Club screen We Need to Talk About Kevin
ON MONDAY April 30, at the Playhouse Cinema, Louth Film Club will be showing British director Lynne Ramsay’s bravura screen version of Lionel Shriver’s best-selling, prize-winning novel We Need To Talk About Kevin.
Portraying the dysfunctional relationship between a mother and her son, and the reactions of her neighbours after he commits an appalling crime, the film raises disturbing questions about parental responsibility and the possibility of inherent evil.
We Need To Talk About Kevin is a brilliant piece of film making, completely different in structure from the novel, yet faithful to its spirit.
Tilda Swinton is outstanding as the mother, as is Ezra Miller, playing the son in his teenage years.
We Need Talk About Kevin is Certificate 15.
The show starts at the Playhouse Cinema at 7.30pm.
Non-members are welcome, paying the normal Playhouse Cinema ticket prices.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- Lincolnshire Police commissioner and crime panel chairman under fire from MPs in Westminster
- Louth Ghost Walk part of Wolds Walking Festival
- Louth Hospital staff praised at NHS awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east