Lincolnshire Gliding Club gets vintage Slingsby Skylark

Gliding club
Gliding club

THE Lincolnshire Gliding Club, based at Strubby Airfield, has been given a vintage Slingsby Skylark glider by the Nottingham University Gliding Club.

The Skylark was manufactured in 1957 at the Slingsby factory in Kirkby Moorside, North Yorkshire, just 100 miles away.

The glider was flown for the first time at the club by Bert Barker, instructor, and it is now available for use by all solo pilots at the club on flying days – Saturday, Sunday and Wednesdays.

Visitors to the club are welcome .