Build up of fat causes chip shop fire in Mablethorpe

Chip shop fire in Mablethorpe's Quebec Road happened on Friday evening.
Chip shop fire in Mablethorpe's Quebec Road happened on Friday evening.

Fire crews from Mablethorpe, Alford and Louth attended a chip shop fire in Quebec Road in Mablethorpe on Friday evening (April 24).

There was fire damage to commercial fryer, smoke and heat damage to the rest of shop and was put out with hosereels, four breathing apparatus and foam.

Cause of the fire was a build up of fat in the fryer.