Crews tackle Louth bedroom fire after suspected e-cigarette fault

Fire
Fire

Fire crews attended a bedroom fire in Louth today (May 7), which is suspected to have been caused by an e-cigarette overheating while it was being charged.

The Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue crew attended the property in Northgate Place, Louth, just before 10.30am. They extinguished the fire using one hose reel and two breathing apparatus. The crew left the scene shortly after 12 noon.

The bedroom was severely damaged by the fire, while a number of other rooms suffered smoke damage. A downstairs living room suffered water damage as a result of the attempts to tackle the blaze.

It is believed that the fire started after an e-cigarette was left unattended in the bedroom, and other residents in the house later heard a popping sound and went into the bedroom to discover the fire. All residents evacuated the property safely and nobody was injured.

The e-cigarette has been taken away for investigation.