A BILSBY woman used her car in Mablethorpe after she had been drinking to go and look for a friend who had gone out after an argument.
Laura Jane Richards, of Alford Road, admitted driving her Peugeot in The Dunes car park on June 21 after drinking so much alcohol that the proportion in her breath was 49 microgrammes, the legal limit is 35.
Prosecuting, Jim Clare said the police found Richards in her car parked in The Dunes car park in the early hours of the morning.
In defence, Terry Boston said she had taken the car to the pub intending to leave it there and walk to her friend’s.
However, while she was there, one of her friends left the pub after an argument and when she didn’t come back, Richards took the car and went to look for her.
District Judge John Stobart said she ‘knew full well’ she had drank but chose to drive anyway.
He fined her £120, £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
She was disqualified from driving for 12 months and offered the drink drivers’ rehabilitation course which would reduce the disqualification by three months.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east