Police are warning the public and appealing for information following a number of burglaries and attempted burglaries in Louth (today) Friday.
One burglary (incident 155 of December 14) occurred at a property in Kenwick Road, Louth sometime between 10am and 11.30am.
The house was entered via a back door and an untidy search made. Items including jewellery and Christmas presents were stolen.
A suspicious person was seen trying a door of a property in Orchard Close, Louth at approximately 12.20pm (incident 170 of December 14).
When he was approached he ran out of the cul-de-sac. He is described as a white man, about 30 years old, of stocky build with a moustache. He wore a dark green ‘beanie’ hat, a dark coloured barbour-type jacket and jeans.
In another incident in Louth (incident 185 of December 14), there was an attempted burglary in Staines Way.
This occurred some time between 9.30am and 12.50pm when a conservatory door was forced. No entry to the property was gained.
Between 11.15am and 1.30pm there was an attempted burglary in Keddington Road, Louth (incident 224 of December 14). The back door to the property was damaged, but no entry was gained.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw any suspicious activity in any of these areas, or any other locations in Louth.
There is also believed to have been an attempted burglary in Horncastle Road in Louth and a dark coloured Mazda or Toyota with distinctive spoiler was seen leaving one of the scenes.
Police are treating the incidents as possibly linked.
Police are also reminding people to be extra vigilant at this time of year, and ensure that their properties are secure and they Christmas presents and valuable items are kept out of sight.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lincolnshire Police on 101 quoting the relevant incident number.
Alternatively, call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- BREAKING NEWS: ‘Explosions’ heard during fire at ambulance station on Louth industrial estate
- Yarn bombing in Louth
- Video: Christian Nock’s special message to the people of Mablethorpe
- Motorist recounts rescuing ‘screaming’ woman trapped in toppled lorry near Skendleby
- VIDEO: Car accident in Mablethorpe
- 22/10/08 - RICHARD Lingard
- Residents have until August 5 to discuss changes to East Lindsey District Council’s ward boundaries
- BREAKING NEWS: Lincolnshire County Council coalition announced
- Resort welcomes first male slimming world consultant
- Have your say on future development proposals for Tetney this weekend
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east