Fire crews from Mablethorpe and Alford called to oven fire and Louth crew scrambled to Grimoldby

Fire.
Fire.

A build up of fat at the bottom of an oven caused a small blaze in Mablethorpe on Wednesday evening.

Fire crews from Mablethorpe and Alford were scrambled to the scene in Waterloo Road shortly after 5.30pm.

The householder used a dry powder extinguisher and fire crews made sure the fire was out on arrival.

The fire crew from Louth were also called out shortly after 11pm on on Wednesday night, to a report of a fire in a field off Tinkle Street, Grimoldby.

The fire turned out to be a controlled burn of garden rubbish.