Fire Service called to blaze in Utterby

0
Have your say

AN Utterby resident has been treated for severe smoke inhalation after an overnight fire.

The incident, in Grange Lane, happened at 1am on Wednesday morning and was thought to have been started by an electrical fault on a motor cycle charging unit.

The fire caused moderate damage to the appliance itself as well as the living room in the property. The ground floor of a detached cottage was also lightly damaged.

Two fire engines were called although the property owner managed to put out the fire using a powdered extinguisher.