EDITOR – I don’t think it makes any difference if the market is on a Thursday or moved to a Tuesday.
How can moving the market to a Tuesday kill it?
I’m sure there are more new traders who would love to come to Mablethorpe on the Tuesday – I would be happy to set up my stall on a Tuesday if the opportunity was given to me.
As a new business owner in Mablethorpe the market can be good for the local community, but the High Street is not the best road to close to hold the market.
It seems to cut out the other small businesses around the town centre as shoppers no longer need to venture any further than an already-busy road such as the High Street.
A lot of small shops, unless on the High Street, may as well close their doors on market day. It also stops important traffic coming into Mablethorpe: i.e. holiday makers.
In my opinion, Victoria Road would be better suited to hold the market; this would help boost the trade for all in the town centre and traffic can flow through the centre as it did before.
Sent via email
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North