In reply to the letters from R Cartwright and G Day (April 18): I’ve owned horses and been riding all my life, you do not need a permit to ride on the Sutton to Mablethorpe beach.
Leanne is not selfish nor is she going to exercise her horse elsewhere as the council states you must clean up on the promenade, public footpaths and the openings of the beach, not on the beach near the tide as it will get washed away.
Horse manure (not dung) is not toxic; it does not carry any diseases, unlike dog faeces.
Also, the law states in the holiday season (April to September) you must only ride on the beach at certain times, which is before 9am and after 6pm.
The Sidings, Sutton on Sea
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east