LINDUM’S rejected application for a £50million development in Mablethorpe will be reconsidered in March.
East Lindsey District Council says this is to ‘avoid unnecessary legal action’ over concerns raised by Lindum around procedural rules on non-planning committee councillors addressing the meeting.
The application will be considered in its entirety by the planning committee on Thursday, March 15.
The development including housing, a supermarket, petrol station and care facility was initially turned down in December.
The district council is encouraging views on the application to be sent in by February 20 to ensure they can be considered by the committee and have confirmed that all letters previously sent will be taken on board.
An ELDC statement said the council was ‘clear that all planning applications must be considered on their planning merits and in line with local, regional and national planning policy.’
l What do you think of this decision? Do you think the outcome will be changed? Email email@example.com .