A Louth student has won an award for a piece of writing she has done.
Courtney Brumpton is a regular student at the Louth Playgoers BlackboxTheatre Group and a pupil at Monks’ Dyke College where students were recently invited to write a piece on a theme that inspired them.
Courtney wrote a poem inspired by her theatre experiences.
Having sent in an entry Courtney has now been awarded a Certificate of Merit by Young Writers SS for having written a creative piece of distinction which has been selected for publication in a young writers anthology.
This publication is to be published nationally in May and is entitled Around the World in 80 Words – East Midland Tales.
Last year one of her poems was featured in the anthology Express Yourself Through Poetry the East.
Blackbox Theatre at the Riverhead Theatre nurtures the intellectual, artistic, and personal development of students through drama education, performing opportunities, and live theatre experiences.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- BREAKING NEWS: Council to ‘explore’ possible sale of Louth Cattle Market
- Louth Ghost Walk part of Wolds Walking Festival
- Louth Hospital staff praised at NHS awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east