Updated Monday 11am - SINCE we first reported sightings of UFOs near the damaged wind turbine at Conisholme we have been inundated with strange theories.
People from all over the world have contacted us with their ideas of what caused the damage and the origin of the strange 'octopus' like UFO with tentacles seen hovering over the wind farm.
Theories include static electricity, an injured alien, a giant bird and a plot from an episode of Doctor Who!
Here are some of the messages we have received about the story -
* I would go for the UFO accident theory, as ordinary windmill breakdowns never ever hit the news, there are simply too many of them - D.
* Why if Great Britian has this fantasic defence system from space, then they can have recorded it by satalite, so everyone should we askthen to publish it...
* Hi i'm hannah i'm 10 years old and i'm emailing you about the damage that happened to the wind turbine .me and mum were out in the car after picking up a takeaway,we looked up to look at the stars and saw a bright orange light. it looked like a fire ball but i could also see little rays coming from the bottom of it.
* Nick Pope is an idiot. Speculation about a Russian drone or involvement is RIDICULOUS! It's obvious to me that the blade which came off damaged and bent the other blade as the blades were spinning.
There are MANY cases of windmills losing their blades in the world.
Why wasn't there any speculation about possible atmospheric electrical phenomena causing the windmill to self-destruct? It does produce a great amount of electricity; maybe charged ions in the atmosphere interacted with the turbine.
This is a reckless piece of "reporting." Russians must be laughing in your stupid face. Don't you think they would have more important things to do than attack a wind turbine if they had this drone capability!? - Big O
* I live directly opposite the wind turbines in question and can see them from my living room window.
Last year,round about mid to late October, I looked out one morning when I got up,about 7 to 7.30am. It was a lovely sunny morning and directly above the turbines ,just stationary in the sky were 2 egg shaped silvery grey 'things'.
At first I thought it was a reflection of something, then I thought it was the double glazing and the sun causing this reflection, but no matter where I moved to the image was the same.
I thought no more about it and went to get my breakfast. After about half an hour I looked again and they were gone. I mentioned it to my elderly mum who was staying with me at the time, but then forgot about it until this week with the goings on. I don't want any publicity at all, I'd rather remain anonymous, but thought it might be of interest.
* It is my considered opinion that the UFO in question was no doubt of Vorlon design. Anyone remembering Babylon 5 will clearly remember the tentacled design of their ships. The Vorlon ships were also organic in their composition. Carefully examine the turbine for organic material.
* When in my garden on boxing day 26.12.08 approx 7.30 p.m. I spotted a reddish oval object which had a bright white centre travelling across the sky from ne to sw. Another came over so I got my mobile and took a photo - I saw 4 or 5 of these objects - C Grey, Banister Way
* I have to confess, I am fully responsible for the damage to the wind turbine in Conisholme. I was trying to create spooky lights in the sky to excite the local earthlings and hit a bloody wind turbine...
Sorry for the trouble - Hungdalek
* We don,t know everything we are still in the dark ages keep your mind open
* I saw a similar object when I was very young. It was glowing, no more than 30 feet away and moved along the ground like a living animal - Serena
* The best ufo photograph I have seen is of a ufo high in the sky with what looked like tentacles, seven or eight, waving around outside of it.
The shape of the ufo was nothing like the usual sphere, cigar or saucer, but much closer in similarity to the section of one of our moon rocket, the part we saw on re-entry when Buzz Aldrin and co. were returning to Earth.
I said to the guy showing the ufo photograph off, in Iceland by the way, "Is that, that an octopus or something...."
He answered: "No, they were more like elephants' trunks, they had that same sort of grasping sort of quality, you know the way an elephant's trunk looks...." He made a sort of imitative motion of with his left arm of the movement of an elephant's trunk, he wanted to convey how an elephant's trunk ceaselessly moves, grasping at the air whether anything is there or not.....
I was surprised at him doing nothing publically with the shot: he said it had been taken by a banker, a fairly highly placed individual, and he wanted nothing to do with it, wasn't wanting to be named as the source.
You could also do a search on the death of Sergeant Louette, who was grabbed as if by a tentacle coming from a 'disc', @ 0300hours whilst on sentry duty in 1956 - David Moncoeur.
* Have two probable theories: .
First, it was my belief that England does have very large birds. These I have heard are called Storks, and they deliver English babies to English parents. Could it have been one of those?
Second, they say only something the size of a cow. Well then, perhaps it was a cow. Perhaps Bossie saw the glowing white orb, mistook it for the moon, and saw it as her chance to make a big name for herself. Taking a running leap, while carefully avoiding the cat and the fiddle, she tried but alas hit the wind turbine. Hey diddle diddle.
Really though, questions that I need answered to seriously consider this strange set of circumstances are: Was the missing blade found on the ground? If so how far from the turbinet? How much do the blades weight? What are they made from? Was there an impact scar on the ground?
Is there visual ice build up on other turbines of the volume which could fly off into other wind turbines? And lastly, just a comment that if I had neighbours lighting off fireworks at four in the morning, (or even if it was two) I would be actively seeking out aliens to sic on them.
* As a patient of Dr.Roger Leir (Aliens and the Scalpel;book/website)the UFO damage incident at the wind farm caught my attention.
As with my situation(implant removal/study)and this incident, there is some physical evidence for something out of the ordinary to say the least.
People here saw a UFO,I have seen 3 UFO's at less than 1000ft.Perhaps if this incident can gemerate some honesty from the British DOD,this realizing that some files have been released by the DOD could also bring some "disclosure" from my own govt here in America.
The inability of the American govt to deal with "realities" honestly is causing us great harm.Perhaps some affirmitive action by the USA's greatest ally in regard to this can change America's current stance,which with regard to the rest of the world is asnine - Timothy L. Cullen, S.Main
*According to ancient legends, an early race of blue eyed giants was the most intelligent generation humanity ever produced. But they had little or no defences and eventually succumbed to violence and other races. Thus human development had to start over again; from advanced to primitive now advancing again. Rick Moss
* I have been reading various reports and looking at film and stills of the wind turbine damage in Lincolnshire.
I originally belived the damage was caused by failure of the first blade at the base resulting in the loose blade colliding with the second blade.
I have since observed damage at the tip of the second blade which seems to add to the story. Is it possible that this blade 'clipped' an object which had already hit and removed the first blade. The photo which leads the Sun article is a good example of a close up shot where you can observe this damage.
Here the damage to the tip of the blade can be clearly seen. There appears to be two points of contact on this second blade.
Also photographs show quite clearly, the head of the tubine tower has twisted round on it's axis so that it now faces in the opposite direction. Is this a result of the rotational forces involved? Or a collision with an object which is moving through the air?
Surely it would have to be a pretty impressive aircraft to survive contact with such a heavy object/s travelling at speed.
Look at the wreckage left behind. The MOD were very quick to 'leak' information about test flights of top secret aircraft operating in the area at the time. I'm impressed! And so should the enemy.. whoever they may be - Barney
* Wind turbine UFO resembles Texas, Ohio sightings. After reading more about the UFO sighting in the UK associated with damage to a wind turbine, the description by one witness rang a bell.
He described it as a large orange glowing thing that reminded him of an "octopus," or something with "tentacles."
Going back over the Stephenville incidents, I was reminded that Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan described one UFO he saw on a fellow officer's "dashcam" as like a "jellyfish" or "parachute."
A woman in Ohio described a similar UFO as like an "amoeba." And another Ohio resident called what he saw "organic."
Coincidences? - Steve Hammons, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
* If it was aliens that is amazing! It is like something out of Doctor Who! Perhaps the Daleks exterrminated it - Steve P.
* The Louth wind turbine incident astonishes me. I saw a UFO in 1976, but it was something almost "classical," an object J A Hyneck would have called a "Daylight Disc." But have I ever heard of an anomaly with tentacles? Yes.
When I was teaching art about six years ago, I encouraged some college undergraduates to draw on dream imagery if they needed subject matter. One former Navy seaman drew/painted a very specific image of a large tentacled creature he'd dreamt he'd seen (or really did see) to come up on to the deck when he dozed slightly when he was on watch.
His anomaly wasn't self-luminous. It was substatially larger than a person. It was sufficiently firm-bodied to stand up tall when out of the water. I'm interested in flying saucers; the Louth airborn object and my ex-student's creature are in a special category - Leta Burch
* Wild 'alien' stories can be dismissed. The most likely cause will be a simple explaination.
The bent blade was probably be the result of the 'missing' blade falling on it during rotation.
So what caused the blade to fall off? I offer, in no particular order the following possible explainations -
It wasn't attached properly.
There could have been latent handling damage during transit from the manufacturer.
Ice falling from a passing plane etc.
Tentacles of light - could be the well known phenomenon of St Elmos fire and caused by static.
* From eyewitness descriptions, without doubt St Elmo's Fire! Perhaps a massive electrical discharge between the tips of the blades destroyed it. Humidity has been quite low recently more suited for the build up of static electricity? - Andrew Walker, Fulletby, Lincolnshire
* Could it be the government test flight hit a snag, I mean a turbine, while on a practice run? I have heard a bit of scuttlebutt about reverse engineering technology of downed mysterious crafts so who knows. It might one of ours - Linda B, Loxahatchee, FL
* As far as what happened to the turbine, blade overspeed is probably the most likely. There would be impact damage and scorching if hit by meteorites, space junk etc. Interesting story though - James A Kenny
* I do not think this UFO being meant to damage the turbine I think it was an accident it would have wrecked the lot if it was hostile
So please give a thought to the poor thing who might be in agony with a damaged tentacle there are a lot of these kinds of beings in our solar system and they don't come here to invade - John Scott
* I think a large bird caused the damage - Deborah Conti
* Deborah Conti who said it may have been a large bird is more ridiculous than saying a UFO caused the damage. Has she been outside her house to see how large turbines are. I guess it may have been a pterodactyl flying into it that as they may be big enough to cause damage to the large turbine:/
I do believe in E.T life but am betting the ufo seen is a reflection of the sun and the turbine is caused by ice on the blades and possible failure of the blades brakes spinning out of control and shearing a blade off and the imbalance caused one blade to ripple
reat news though and it will be very interesting when the official reason is known - John Cusick, London
* Ive just been reading your article regarding the possible UFO sightings around Louth in Lincs. I really think that if enough people have seen it, then surely it has got to be true.
It does not necessarily mean it is alien, it could easily be some experimental unmanned craft - who knows whether the armed forces are experimenting with some sort of new technology in our skies?
No one is really ever going to know for sure what caused this, but surely if we are here, and we exist, then its very likely that somewhere in the universe there are other life-forms too?
We know there were a lot of "freak incidents" that lead to the earth even existing, and to it having so many different types of species living on it, but who is to say that there is not at least one other planet out there that has some sort of intelligent life on it too??
With all these reported sightings the last year or so, things are definately getting interesting!
I really think the government already knows that life elsewhere exists, they just dont want to panic us little people by telling us about it! - Scott Clegg, Notts
* Not for nothing, but the people on this planet are screwed up enough over the UFO subject without more unverified crackpot reports surfacing.
"Meanwhile, our reports of the UFO sightings and the damage to wind turbine have spread like wildfire across the world wide web. "
Thanks. The media feeds the fear again. Cut it out will you please. No one saw ANYTHING happen - Jim (Ghost)
* Every article I've seen on the wind turbine damage fails to describe the weather at the time, so that one might make an at least moderately-informed analysis as to whether lightening, or even ball lightening, conceivably might have caused the reported visual observations of a brilliant light source and the damage - Ray Stanford, Organization for Physical UFO Science, College Park, Maryland, USA
EDITOR'S NOTE: The weather that night in this part of Lincolnshire was very cold, below zero in the open countryside.
* Below zero weather, if there had been a lot of humidity with substantial clouds, might have resulted in snow lightening, with bright lightening (possibly ball lightening) and resultant boom(s).
One of the loudest booms I've ever heard was caused by snow lightening. Of course I'm not alleging that to be the cause of the wind turbine damage, but just wondering, since prosaic explanations, if they are realistic and fit the circumstances, are preferred to exotic or extraordinary ones - Ray Stanford, Organization for Physical UFO Science
* Quote: No one saw ANYTHING happen - Jim (Ghost). I dont know how this guy can say this, when there are a number of witnesses who saw something in the sky during the evening prior to the damage being caused (even though no one has a clue really what it was).
Are you really accusing these people of lying about what they saw? A top guy from the local council is a witness to seeing something, surely he isnt lying!
Then there are the reports from last year where the police helicopters were following "something" in the skies that was un-identified, along with countless other witness reports of strange things in our skies from airline pilots etc (who see these things all the time).
These things are not just being dreamed up, these people have seen something - whether it is technology of our own or something else who knows, but these things are definately going on.
If you look on the net for the space walks in the 60s or 70s and watch the footage, there are "ufos" on these tapes during the walks, very clear to see if you can find the right footage.
I think to dismiss these reports as the press turning up the fear factor is ridiculous. So many people reporting seeing these things cannot be described as "no one saw anything".
Im not a geek or a UFO buff, but there is something in all these reports! UFO does not necessarily mean alien, its an object which was not identified, and was flying. It could be anything, but Im 100% certain there was definately something in the skies the other night, whether it caused this damage or not! - Scott Clegg, Notts
* Sir, can we all get a life! A badly-fitted turbine blade came adrift, damaging another as it fell. You'd sell more 'news'papers if you kept reports factual - Geoff Mullett
* I heard it was a collision with an unidentified craft of some sort.
If so we should more to help with earths ground defence force...lol...
* Seeing as the price of bacon continues to rise the blade was hit by flying pigs!! - Barry
* Hej From Sweden, that why my english isnt good.
Is it possible that one of the wings came loos due to material problems or overspeed, and the second wing hit the first one after it done a loop in the air - Hubertus from Sweden
* Great job on your reporting.Please keep it up.
Nick Pope's suggestion that forensic work be done on the (cordoned off) site should be taken seriously. It would be an unprecedented opportunity to gather as much info as possible while the data is still available.
Throughout the UFO literature, there are reports of UFOs visiting power plants. In some cases it has been suggested that they have caused power failures in related regions. Don't ask me why.
If possible, ecotricity should determine whether there was any unusual power loss that night - Raj
* Looking at the progressive reduction of damage in the direction of rotation of the Turbine blades it looks as though one fell off and was hit by the second one damaging half of its blade. By the time the third blade passed as the first blade fell to the ground it just caught the tip bending it.
The third blades tip would have traveled about 82 metres from the time the first blade parted from the turbine hub. whilst the second blade would have traveled 21 meters before hitting the first blade.
Unfortunately no UFOs.
I think the findings will just be mechanical failure.
As to what caused that who knows, incorrectly tightened bolts probably - Allan.
* I believe it was a fault of the blade that 'fell off' due to manufacturing faults maybe, My father is an electrician & is very mechanically apt, he says the swarf or 'matter' from the damaged blade, would have danged the other one, or maybe the dislodged blade hit one of the others& caused it to disfigure on Impact, that is my verdict on the situation, by the way I am only fourteen & do believe in Extra-Terrestrials, I have seen a few 'oddities' in the sky myself.
I don't think for one minute that a flying saucer collided with the wind turbine.
* One report said "what ever hit the blade was about the size and weight of a cow" so obviously it MUST have been a flying cow.
Its about as likely as some of Nick Popes Ideas! - Eric
* I saw a UFO as clear as day on 02/1975 over Staten Island, New York. It was clearly metal and spinning.
It was shaped like an octagon and had red, green and yellow lights about it midsection. This happened during an eclipse of the moon and my elementary class was checking it out from our own houses.
It was seen by several people from different parts of the neighborhood. There is no denying there is something in our skies.
If you really want to know things ask the older generation. They don't speak of such things but you will be in for a surprise when they answer the question - J. Russo
* Military or ET?...maybe both. Listen to David Icke..its imperative you listen to what he is saying or everyone of you are in for fear unlike you have ever seen. Terrorism is the least of this planets problems and so is global warming, and financial problems.
Eventually all the tinfoil hat jokes, the take your meds comments will not fly anymore and everyone will be faced with hardcore reality and yes it will suck in a big way.
* No, I should think that UFO crews are much smarter than engaging in fights with wind mills.
One possible scenario is that this may have been caused by over-torque. Consider the tremendous inertia released on the turbine blades if the gear mechanism came to a sudden stop through a mechanical gear box failure - Benny38
* One query I have - is one of the blades definitely "missing" - if so, then to carry away such a large piece of material unknowingly, the "object" that hit it would have to be massive, and why would it be flying so low?
Are there any burn/scorch/scratch marks on the damaged blade, and were they rotating that night? If so, they would surely be so out of perpendicluar that there would be signs of stress on the bearing housing - Pete The Suit
* As a retired CID Officer who has spent the last 14 years writing up reports from the Public relating to all manner of strange things seen in the skies going back to the 1940's contained in 5 Volumes embracing the period between 1940 and the present date' entitled 'Haunted Skies'
I have to say from being a confirmed sceptic I now fully believe in the existence of strange phenomenon, how can one not believe when faced with the type of testimonials obtained from Pilots some of them senior rank who have seen objects things they are unable to identify, never mind hundreds if not thousands of members of the Public who remain puzzled by what they have experienced whom I and my partner Dawn Holloway have spoken to over the years.
Despite the inability to explain rationally what these things are and where they come from we should be very careful about committing ourselves to become embroiled in the type of sensational hype attached to the events at Louth as shown in the Tabloid Newspapers whose tongue in cheek comments are built on a foundation of a poorly researched subject rather than waiting for some investigation to be carried out properly by the authorities.
I have always believed you should judge each case on its own individual
merits, and apart from what I have read in that media frenzy relating to the visit by' Aliens to Louth' played out to the tune of the X files with lovable ET flying across the sky, I have no idea what the object was that struck the blades of the wind turbine, and reserve comment until the appropriate enquiries are completed, and cant see the point of commenting, without knowing the full circumstances. although I wonder if it might have been a meteorite
Ironically incidents like this which appear to attract the attention of the media, do not through their publicity help the UFO cause whatsoever and should be treated with caution, even it was a UFO an ambiguous term in itself, does this take us any farther, UFOS do exist but what they are and where they come from are questions man has been attempting to answer for many years now without success.
If any reader would like information on UFOS or may have their own reports they may like to bring to our attention, (UK only) we should be more than pleased to speak to you - John Hanson & Dawn Holloway, Red Lion St Alvechurch Worcestershire, email email@example.com
* I find this article very interesting and the event which has unfolded very fascinating however, as much as i believe there is a possibility of life on other planets I do not believe the "Green space men or women" are the cause of the damage to the wind turbine.
lets think about the possibilities;
The wind was calm that night and posed no threat to the turbines, although temperatures have been very low it would be odd that only 1 turbine would fail in such a way without any other turbine being affected.
they are over 60ft high so its not like it was caused by vandals nor would it be birds, what we do have is an eye witnesses statement saying, and i quote a 'massive ball of light' with 'tentacles going right down to the ground' which was seen above the farm.
I have been to Lough many times before as my partners parents have a caravan on a site near by and have seen the turbines many times too, what is interesting to me is that RAF Dona Nook is located by the Conisholme farm.
Its quite possible that this "UFO" and "bright lights" with "tentacles" was a Chinook with a cargo net on the bottom; as it flew over, the pilot was descending to land at RAF Dona Nook and was unaware of the Wind Turbines.
As he flew over, the blade has hit the Cargo net tearing it off the turbine and as the 2nd blade completed its rotation it too has hit the cargo net however only damaging, not tearing it from the turbine.
This would also explain the lights in the sky and quite possibly the "tentacles" dangling which were simply confused with the cargo net.
I believe this is the most logical answer to the event - Adam Rowe, 20 from Rotherham in South Yorkshire.
* Come on folks. Use common sense. Something or someone is trying to say, Look Up Fools. Acknowledge us. We're here and have been here long as man has walked this beautiful planet.
Sure go ahead and laugh. I'm accustomed to it. My family and I for over many years have seen UFO's or whatever you wish to call them in the sky both night and day.
Example: Back in the nineteen forties us six kiddies and our pop would sit outside and watch metallic objects silently glide around the moon, first one way and on other nights the opposite way, so no one can make us believe we're alone in the universe.
I'm a proud 71 year young woman and have seen objects as have many family members and friends over decades.
We the people of Earth need to demand from our governments to desist withholding the truth about UFO's. Its well over due don't you think? -Harriett Gilespie of Indiana, U.S.A.
* My partner, son and I saw a strange glowing orange light about midnight on 6 January travelling in a NE direction from where we live in Fleetwood.
Definitely not a plane, helicopter etc.
Not one for UFOs and so on but thought it a coincidence after seeing the news this evening - Tina
* if something had it the blades all 3 would be damaged, also if hit face on the blades would be bent backwards, i think one blade failed completly damaging another. ufo? great for selling newspapers.
* Why do we humans imagine we are the only intelligent life? There are biblical records and even Babylonian ones clearly defining some sort of ufos.
And has anyone yet wondered as to how accurate the biblical revelations are becomming? Even the collapse of the finance The second fall of Babylon was predicted.
Angels were often said to descend in balls of light, well perhaps in view of the evil on our world today, the use of religion to justify murder, and the blasphomy of claiming GOD approves, may be the reason they have returned, TO JUDGE US as also predicted.
"There shall return the plagues, earthquakes, and the Hammer of Iron" Asteroid? Or was it that that caused the Tsunami in 2004? An Impact? I do not think a quake, no matter how massive, could physically move the planet, But that is what happened after 2004. An impact COULD. Yes.
I do think UFOs are real, and it may be that now the world can see as one, via tv and internet, we may at last be shown the real truth.
It was said that we rent the veil and will see what we were not meant to. I think that time has come, and I think all man should tremble, they may be friends, they could be the devil!
Hiding the truth is stupid. Man is a species of intelligence. We can understand ourselves - M. Cull, Union Street, Aberdeenshire
* Look if there's something on this planet why can't there be on others maybe if there is anything they'll come to meet us they already kind of have anyway.
just because some people wernt there themselves to witness it it don't mean there's nothing out there.
Everythings going to be found out hopefully but it might be something we'll never find out we'll just have to wait and see - Hollie
* Firstly let me thankyou for your work at the paper...mostly great...but...."It was an incredible site; SIGHT....WHAT HE SAW....VERB TO SEE! and, then the text to the foto which makes the suspicion that what the man really saw was the broken arms in the moonlight.....so how did they see the same thing the night before...when the blades were not broken yet???
...it is a shame that very frequently, witnesses who would be called to testify in very important situations, like murder or accidents etc etc are credible ...BUT.... the moment that there is a question that it might have been a UFO that they saw...they are written up as idiots or strange or liars or crazy etc etc...why do you guys at the news do that?...are you afraid to be guilty by association?...I dont quite understand it - Sam Abercromby, Portugal
* Possible causes:
1. Meteorite fragments
2. Space debris
3. Ball lightning
4. Student "prank" with home-made missile
5. Secret military activity, (testing something)
6. Alien intervention? Absolutely not!
Mr V.S. Wilson
* I believe that the blade is laying on the ground by the turbine - Chris
* I have a very likely theory for what happened to the wind turbine which fits in very well with descriptions of balls of light coming from the sky (photographic and visual descriptions) and i'm pretty sure it wasnt ufo's.
Not so long ago it was made public that the chinese had developed a settelite that could fire a new kind of weapon which they indeed succesfully demonstrated by destroying another sattelite.
They also bragged that if they wanted they could knock out an enemy countrys infastructure to cripple it in a war situation. (A very strong statement could be made by hitting a source of power generation).
Over the last year or two newspapers have mentioned that the chinese had been caught commiting espionage against the uk and that espionage from china and russia would probably escelate with the current world situation including the credit downturn.
When all the evidence of the incident is pieced together the satelite theory is the strongest. A craft could not possibly survive after hitting such a large structure, if the blade fell off then what were the balls of light coming from the sky? More than one ball of light was seen targetting the turbine untill the desired results were acheived. Video evidence from cold war american weapon tests make it look even more likely.
The perpetrators would be fully aware that proving what happened and who did it would be difficult or impossible while at the same time being able to safely observe the experiment and its effects without repercusions - John Benfield
* I've always said ufo's are real.
I haven't seen any yet but have seen lots of footage and always keep an eye out. It's always funny listening to how the government try to cover it up - Arnold kennedy
* Im a firm believer of ufo's and alien life elsewhere and that there technology would be far more advanced than ours, the Wind turbine story is interesting to say the least which i have been following with a keen interest since its press release.
What i cant understand is one blade is gone while the other one is bent. Now according to the reports the blades are made from fibre glass and fibre glass does not twist or bend it shatters! so surely if the other blade coming off caused the damage Why!!
didnt the blade break rather than distort? if my thinking is correct the blade that is distorted could be possible due to heat or some form of energy hitting it.
So maybe a UFO did cause the damage??? - Andy (UK)
Night Raider at Conisholme
The night was dark, little sound?
Except for whooshing blades going round,
An eerie light, then appeared,
A U.F.O being badly steered?
It twizzled round, back and forth,
To the East, then to the North,
Solar powered, a bright lit Disc,
It skimmed down low, taking risks,
Then came a bang, a loud collision,
A big mistake, a wrong decision,
A blade fell off the wind machine,
Crumpled on ground, with silver sheen,
In the Cockpit, all was not well,
Shouting cursing, a scene from hell!
U. F. O. then spun around,
And sped off without a sound,
No more lights for Earthly people,
A shout from craft," mind Church steeple?"
Words exchanged, tween man and Wife,
A Martian Mrs, and Mr. strife,
Whizzing up, at speed of light,
Disappearing from the night,
Last words heard to Wife, a curse!
"You never could find *******reverse !!!!!"
Brian Damms, Stew ton Lane, Louth
CLICK HERE to email us your views. Do you think a UFO damaged the wind turbine?
- Police release e-fit of suspect after indecent exposure in Mablethorpe
- Fears Louth’s economy is already being hit by controversial car parking charge increases
- Narrow one-way street in Louth leaves lorry driver red faced
- Louth school forges a unique link with ‘the new Titanic’
- A new mayor is elected for Louth
- Market Rasen 1971-1980
- Video: Councillor explains why Louth cattle market could be put up for sale
- ‘We should all be grateful to Margaret Thatcher’ - Local reaction to former Prime Minister’s death
- Sea bank grassland damaged in blaze at Tetney Lock
- Gale force easterly winds wreak terrible cost on Lincolnshire birds, porpoises and more
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North