A FUTURISTIC new marketing device, using smartphone technology to cross the divide between internet and shopping, has been launched in Mablethorpe.
The TikTap App, which sends deals to customers’ phones, enticing them to visit shops, restaurants and other attractions, is now up and running.
Mablethorpe Town Manager, Karen Froggatt, said: “We are very excited by TikTap, it offers our businesses technology that even large multiple businesses do not enjoy at this time.”
At a recent national Town Centres Conference, Town Centre Managers were encouraged to fully embrace the opportunities that using mobile phones to promote centres and their businesses presents. East Lindsey District Council and Skegness and Mablethorpe Area Partnerships have, for some time, been in discussion with TikTap to introduce their groundbreaking and unique discovery and mobile coupon solution which goes live this month.
“Utilising mobile technology supplied by TikTap, which has been developed by the company behind Orange Wednesdays, local businesses and attractions will be able to provide residents and visitors with instant offers and exclusive promotions redeemable in store via their mobile phones.”
Currently TikTap is available for download on iPhone and Android as a free, local discovery app to promote Mablethorpe.
Businesses are being encouraged to check that they are on the app and that their details are correct and are being asked to contact Mark Barnes on email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additions or amendments.
There is no cost to businesses for this service or to be on the app.
To get the scheme off to a solid and vibrant start, East Lindsey District Council and Skegness and Mablethorpe Area Partnerships have negotiated 50 free annual licences and pods for qualifying businesses in Mablethorpe and Skegness.
If you would like to find out if your business qualifies for a free pod and annual licence or to find out more about TikTap, please call Mark Barnes on 07818 596460 or email email@example.com or visit the website www.tiktap.com.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- BREAKING NEWS: Council to ‘explore’ possible sale of Louth Cattle Market
- Louth Ghost Walk part of Wolds Walking Festival
- Louth Hospital staff praised at NHS awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east