A LOCAL woman has donated £400 to the hospital department that has cared for her and her grandmother.
Kate Burton from North Thoresby handed over the money to the new Endoscopy Unit at Louth County Hospital.
She raised the money by running a charity raffle, supported by local businesses which donated prizes. She said: “I really enjoy fundraising and wanted to raise money for the endoscopy unit because I have been treated there and my gran had bowel cancer so I wanted to do something in her memory.”
The money will be used to buy some new patient chairs.
- BREAKING NEWS: ‘Explosions’ heard during fire at ambulance station on Louth industrial estate
- UPDATE: Explosions felt and ‘mushroom cloud’ spotted near scene of fire at private ambulance station in Louth
- Yarn bombing in Louth
- Video: Christian Nock’s special message to the people of Mablethorpe
- Motorist recounts rescuing ‘screaming’ woman trapped in toppled lorry near Skendleby
- 22/10/08 - RICHARD Lingard
- Residents have until August 5 to discuss changes to East Lindsey District Council’s ward boundaries
- Red Arrows and Countess of Wessex at Lincolnshire Show
- Mablethorpe’s Jack Parkinson Court Care Home closure puts 55 jobs at risk
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North