MORE than 100 students from schools in Louth are enjoying the opportunity to participate in an opera alongside some of Britain’s finest young opera singers.
A professional artistic team comprising a director, composer, choreographer, designer, three musicians and two opera singers from the world-renowned Garsington Opera worked with students from King Edward VI, Cordeaux and Monks’ Dyke Tennyson College in Louth on Thursday at the Cordeaux site, learning the basics ahead of a three month project.
The project, funded by East Lindsey District Council, builds on the links the district has made with Garsington Opera since SO Festival, when opera was beamed live to a beach for the very first time.
Ros Webber-Jones, deputy head at Monks’ Dyke Tennyson College, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about opera and work with other schools.”
Cordeaux head Peter Kubicki added: “This is a brilliant opportunity for local pupils in Louth to experience a memorable, different, collaborative and high-quality activity.
“It is wonderful that local schools will be working together for the benefit of young people.”
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- Lincolnshire Police commissioner and crime panel chairman under fire from MPs in Westminster
- Louth Ghost Walk part of Wolds Walking Festival
- Louth Hospital staff praised at NHS awards
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east