The guest speaker at the Parkinson’s UK Louth & District Branch October meeting was Richard Lyon, Programme Manager at Compass FM.
He treated the members to a very interesting talk including slides showing what made up the day of a Programme Presenter and Manager.
He went on to say that his day began when his alarm went off at 4am and then he had to travel to Lincoln ready to start his show at 6am.
He explained that the work of a local independent radio station such as Compass wasn’t just about playing records and getting people to listen but that the station played an active part in the community by supporting many charitable ventures.
He then did a question and answer session which was also very interesting and judging by the amount of questions it was obvious Richard was something of a hit.
For further details about the group contact the Secretary, Lesley Swift, on 01472 591071.
- BREAKING NEWS: ‘Explosions’ heard during fire at ambulance station on Louth industrial estate
- UPDATE: Explosions felt and ‘mushroom cloud’ spotted near scene of fire at private ambulance station in Louth
- Yarn bombing in Louth
- Video: Christian Nock’s special message to the people of Mablethorpe
- Motorist recounts rescuing ‘screaming’ woman trapped in toppled lorry near Skendleby
- 22/10/08 - RICHARD Lingard
- Residents have until August 5 to discuss changes to East Lindsey District Council’s ward boundaries
- Red Arrows and Countess of Wessex at Lincolnshire Show
- Mablethorpe’s Jack Parkinson Court Care Home closure puts 55 jobs at risk
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North