Donington on Bain Village Hall was very busy recently when teas were served together with the tombola and the raffle which were arranged as part of the programme for the annual duck race which sadly had to be cancelled due to the dreadful downpours in July.
Many people were disappointed that it could not go ahead but the volume of water in the Bain gave the village hall committee no option and so, in lovely autumn sunshine lots of people came to give their support and enjoy tea, coffee, cakes and sausage rolls at the alternative event.
They were served by Barbara Mohan, Kathy Olsson, Linda Forman and Carole Speakman and everyone was welcomed as they arrived by the organiser, committee member Sally Cosgrove. Rosie Jo Cosgrove and Anne Turnbull ran the tombola and Julie Anderson ran the raffle continuing from the Biscathorpe Park Duck Race and Trevor Olsson had an exhibition highlighting the village web site he has set up. All were delighted to find that village hall committee funds had been given a welcome boost of £455 as a result of the successful afternoon. Thanks are expressed to everyone for their support and to all who donated home made cakes for tea and prizes for the tombola and raffle.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North