Wednesday 11.40am - THE man arrested in connection with the disappearance of Anne Simpson has been released on police bail until June 19.
A man arrested in Torquay, Devon yesterday morning in connection with the disappearance of Anne Simpson, has been released on police bail until 19 June.
The police underwater search unit remains at Lakeside Caravan Park in Sutton on Sea where divers will continue searching the lake.
It is expected that a police presence may remain at the site until the end of the week.
Wednesday - 10.40am - POLICE are continuing the hunt for missing woman Anne Simpson at a Sutton on Sea caravan site into today (Wednesday).
The search for Anne, missing from the Skegness area since 2004, was restarted yesterday after an anonymous phone call made last week from a phone box in Leicestershire appeared to direct them to the site.
Anne has not been seen since disappearing in September 2004.
Lincolnshire Police say a 62-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Anne’s disappearance, though the Leader understands the man is actually 63 and is being questioned at a police station in Torquay.
A police spokesperson said searches within the lake and also on land at the site could last for the rest of the week.
The spokesperson said the lake searches were being done by hand, meaning progress is slow.
She confirmed nothing was found during yesterday’s searches.
Anne’s daughter Jo Hill yesterday appealed for anyone who may have information about Anne’s disappearance to call Lincolnshire Police.
“The last years have been horrible, you wake up very morning not knowing what happened or where she is,” she said.
“None of us believed that she was still alive, because she used to call us most days and would never disappear like this, so it’s been absolutely awful.”
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 35 of 15 May.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers in complete anonymity on 0800 555 111.
More to follow.