Lincolnshire Police’s acting chief constable Alec Wood insists he and the force are still in the dark over the suspension of chief constable Neil Rhodes.
In an internal interview with the force, the acting chief constable revealed that the circumstances of the suspension of Neil Rhodes on February 26 remain unknown.
As reported, Mr Rhodes was suspended by Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire Alan Hardwick over ‘potential conduct matters’.
In the interview with the force’s head of communications, Tony Diggins, Mr Wood said: “The decision has been taken entirely by the police and crime commisioner, the force and myself included have no knowledge of the circumstances why Neil Rhodes has been suspended.
“All I can say is I have been asked to step up as acting chief in the interim and I’ll do my very very best to lead this force forward in the next weeks and months.
“As soon as I am in a position to tell people what’s happening I will do that.”
The acting chief constable said his priority in the interim, along with acting deputy chief constable Keith Smy, will be to maintain Lincolnshire Police’s ‘excellent service’ to the public.
Lincolnshire Police say the decision to suspect Mr Rhodes was a ‘neutral one’ and have not commented further.
The matter has been referred to The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) who will decide whether to investigate further.
Watch the video to see the full interview with Alec Wood.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
- Mayor ‘fed up’ at claims Louth’s Town Councillors are in it for the money
- Former Louth swimming pool could flattened and replaced with 29 new homes
- BREAKING NEWS: Council to ‘explore’ possible sale of Louth Cattle Market
- Help solve pipe mystery?
- Video: Councillor explains why Louth cattle market could be put up for sale
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 9 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North