Volunteers from the local community are being sought to help patients at Louth Hospital to return home with extra support.
The Louth WRVS Home from Hospital service is a free, friendly and confidential non-profit organisation providing one-to-one short term practical support by trained volunteers which enables outpatients to return home with confidence when no other support is available.
Volunteers help with shopping, collecting prescriptions, looking after pets, providing friendship and support by being there when people begin to do things for themselves.
The service is actively seeking volunteers to help out and CRB costs, insurance and expenses are all provided.
As well as volunteers the service is also looking for referrals from community members who think they or someone they know needs support.
Watch service manager Gareth Walters explaining more about the service and the appeal for volunteers in our video.
- Works belonging to international textile artists stolen during workshop at Louth school
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspected arson attack on ex-RAF building in Manby
- ‘Deep concerns’ over 1,000-home plan for Louth are raised at public forum
- RSPCA investigating suspected dog poisonings in Louth
- Louth man’s threatening texts were ‘a desperate cry for help’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Louth
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North