Man, 50, suffers serious burns after blaze caused by discarded cigarette in Ingoldmells

No Caption ABCDE
No Caption ABCDE
0
Have your say

A man has suffered serious burns after a fire caused by a discarded cigarette at a wooden chalet in Ingoldmells.

The man, aged 50, has been taken to a specialist burns unit at Nottingham City hospital, where he remains in a serious condition according to Lincolnshire Police.

The blaze took place in the early hours of Bank Holiday Monday with fire crews from Alford and Skegness rushing to the scene shortly before 4am.

Neighbours say a man suffered burns to his legs while escaping from the burning bungalow on Point Road in the village.

According to police, the bungalow was extensively damaged in the fire and investigators are currently working at the scene to establish the circumstances of the incident.