Ever wanted to know more about the Orme Almshouses in Eastgate?
Well now you can take a tour around them.
The almshouses site is opening up to the public for the upcoming Heritage Open Days.
People can go along on Friday September 13, from 10am to 4pm to see the buildings and hear about their history.
Weather permitting there will be refreshments on the lawn and guided tours. The almshouses has 10 dwellings for elderly single gentlemen on their own.
The land now occupied by the almshouses and their gardens was part of the site of the House of Correction or Louth Prison.
For more than 200 years the petty offenders of East Lindsey were lodged in the prison.
Men, women and children were stocked, pilloried, whipped and sentenced to the treadmill - designed to cure inmates of their idle ways.
The House of Correction was closed when a new prison for the whole of Lindsey was opened in 1872 in Lincoln.
Built in 1885 the almshouses were designed in the ‘modern Elizabethan’ style of brick with stone dressings by Louth architect James Fowler.
The Heritage Open Days run from September 12 to 15 and offer events across the county.
There are over 500 events taking place around the Midlands and organisers say just by visiting people play a role in ‘keeping local history alive.’
Guided tours of St Mary’s Church in Alvingham is another local event.
Historian Stuart Sizer will show visitors around on Sunday September 15.
He will explore the relationship between the church and nearby Alvingham Lock.
Gunby Hall and Gardens, near Spilsby, is open too.
There are three floors of gorgeous decor and art befitting a William and Mary country home as well as eight acres of sumptuous gardens and delicious cakes to boot!
There are games in the gardens and lots of yummy treats in the tea-room. Picnics very welcome in the gardens.
Sir William Massingberd had Gunby Hall built in 1700.
Black sheep of the family Algernon inherited Gunby aged 16 in 1844 and brought it to the brink of bankruptcy.
He was assumed dead in the Amazon in 1855.
The hall was gifted to National Trust in 1944.
Go along on Sunday September 15.