To support Small Business Saturday on December 6, 2014, East Lindsey District Council is providing motorists with free parking.
The council is joining the Forum of Private Businesses to promote the day in an attempt to encourage shoppers to support local businesses.
On December 6 there will be no need to purchase a ticket in any East Lindsey District Council-run car park.
Portfolio Holder for the Environment, Councillor Steve O’Dare, said: “Small Business Saturday is another opportunity for us to promote our high streets and all that they have to offer.
“I would encourage people to take advantage of the fact there will be no parking charges on this day and visit your local high street to support the smaller businesses.”
Alex Jackman, from the Forum of Private Business, added: “It is great to see East Lindsey District Council supporting their small firms in this way. We want to see as many people as possible in local independent businesses on December 6 and believe the free parking offers will encourage people to think small and shop locally.
“As the cost of doing business continues to rise it is more important than ever to support our small businesses.”
The car parks involved are:
East Lindsey District Council-run car parks are:
* Louth: Cannon Street, Kiln Lane, Bridge Street, Broadbank, Cattle Market, Linden Walk and Newmarket, Northgate East and West, Queen Street, Kidgate, Market Place, Town Hall, Co-op;
* Skegness: Arcadia, Lawn Park, Prince’s Parade, Richmond Drive, North End, Pierside, Festival, Embassy, Scarbrough Esplanade and Avenue, High Street, Town Hall;
* Mablethorpe: Seacroft, High Street, Park Square, Quebec Road, Queen’s Park Main and South, Seaview;
* Spislby: Post Office Lane, Boston Road; Market Place, Buttercross;
* Horncastle: Cattle Market, The Bain; Market Place, St Lawrence Street;
* Alford; Market Place, South Street, Millers Way;
* Sutton on Sea: Marine Avenue, Broadway;
* Chapel St Leonards: Well Vale Drive, Sea Road;
* Woodhall Spa: Royal Square; Broadway;
* Coningsby: High Street, Silver Street;
* Tattershall: Off Market Place;
* Burgh le Marsh: Market Place;
* Winthorpe: Jackson’s Corner;
* Sandilands: Sandilands.