Scarecrow goes up in flames on Homestart garden

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Louth firefighters were called to a scarecrow on fire in a community garden used by children yesterday (Friday).

The alarm was raised at about 3.44pm yesterday (Friday) about the fire on the section of the Charles Street recreation ground called the Kids Patch, created by the charity Homestart East Lindsey, which supports struggling families.

The scarecrow was destroyed and firefighters put the flames out using a water back pack and a bucket of water.

The cause of the fire has not been confirmed by Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.