Kenwick Park Hotel in Louth re-opened today (Thursday) and it’s business as usual after last night’s chemical incident when fire crews closed off the facility.
The incident was reported at 4pm last night (Wednesday, May 7) and five people, including three of the hotel’s staff members, were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
Hotel owner, Stuart Flynn has explained that everything is now back to normal.
He said: “Everything here at Kenwick Park is now fully open again and is all back to normal. Three of our staff members were taken to hospital as a precaution but all were back working again after an hour.
“The incident was nobody’s fault, it was just human error. The cause of the incident was a chemical reaction as two mixtures including chlorine was accidentally mixed together wrongly in the pool room.
“The pool room was contained as a precaution and a health and safety officer from East Lindsey came to inspect the premises first thing this morning and no further action has been taken.
“We have listened to recommendations for the future, but everything is now back to normal and no further action needs to be taken at this time.”