LOUTH’S second Victorian Family Fayre proved such a success that already the public, stallholders and local businesses are calling for a repeat in 2012.
Thousands flocked to the town centre for the event on October 23 with crowd estimates exceeding the 4000 at the inaugural Fayre last year.
The good news is that the Louth Town Partnership, which hosts the event, already has penned in October 21 for the 2012 Fayre.
Events team leader Patrick Neville said that the Partnership monitored and measured each event to ensure improvement next time around.
“We hold a debrief meeting as soon as practical after each event and discuss how we can do better. This year we changed stall patterns in the town centre to minimise bottlenecks, improved the sound system (thanks to Ben Young of Cobbles Bar) and got a lot more support from local businesses.
“Over 50 shops opened on the day and that is most encouraging for future events.”
Town Manager Alison Hall said the Partnership planned to combine a number of events into a Louth food and arts festival next summer.
“These plans are in their early stages but already we envisage a continuous extravaganza of activities through July and August. The Partnership will be delivering events for the town whilst also working with existing events organisers to host an array of musical, arts and food events.”
The Partnership has also successfully gained part funding to purchase an events stage from East Lindsey District Council’s Community Fund. This stage can be hired out by the Town Partnership to anyone wishing to use it to hold events.
Anyone interested can contact Alison on 07917 628149.