VIDEO UPDATE: Electric heater caused Mablethorpe house fire

0
Have your say

A serious house fire in Alford Road, Mablethorpe, yesterday afternoon (May 20) was caused by the incorrect use of an electric heater, according to Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue.

Eighty per cent of the property and contents were destroyed as a result of the blaze.

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon

The owner of the house was treated for minor shock, but was otherwise unscathed.

Earlier story:

Fire crews from Mablethorpe, Alford, Louth and North Somercotes are dealing with a house fire in Alford Road, Mablethorpe.

The incident was reported at around 12.50pm today (Wednesday, May 20).

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon

An eyewitness told the Leader the roof has been destroyed and that the 86-year-old man whose lives at the address is safe and uninjured.

Crews are using three hose reel jets, two main jets and steady progress is being made to put the fire out.

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon

The scene in Mablethorpe this afternoon