Warning over barbecues after bin fire in Farlesthorpe

Fire & Rescue News.

Fire & Rescue News.

0
Have your say

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue safety officers are warning people to “fully cool” barbecues and ashes before throwing them away after a fire in Farlesthorpe today.

Firefighters were called to a house in Alford Road, Farlesthorpe, where a bin had caught alight just before 1.20am this morning.

The fire caused damage to guttering outside the house, but a Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “It could have been worse if the fire had not have been spotted.

“Please remember to fully cool barbecues and ashes before disposal of them.”