A Mablethorpe man, due to stand trial after pleading not guilty to an allegation of possessing an offensive weapon, changed his plea when he appeared at Skegness Magistrates Court before a District Judge.
Matthew Lawrence Richards, 34, of Quebec Road, admitted possessing a knuckleduster in Mablethorpe on December 22.
He had previously admitted assaulting Jan Slyde by beating him on November 11. Both incidents were captured on cctv cameras.
Judge Toms was told Richards received the knuckleduster from a friend and hid it in his trousers when police came, but they found it. It was said that on November 11, Mr Jan Slyde objected to racial abuse aimed at him and his girlfriend in the High Street and that, Richards headbutted Mr Slyde, pouring beer on him.
The Judge heard Richards was in breach of a suspended 51 week jail sentence imposed at Norwich Crown Court in February 2011.
In defence, Andrea Wilkes said Richards had not taken the weapon to the scene and had no intention of using it. The Judge adjourned the case to April 12, for a report from the Probation Service. Richards was granted conditional bail.