Fire crews called to chip pan blaze in Grainthorpe

An unattended chip pan caused a blaze at a house in Fen Lane in Grainthorpe on Wednesday evening.

Fire crews from North Somercotes and Louth were called to the detached house at 7.17pm, however on arrival the fire had already been put out by the resident who took the burning pan into the garden.

Crews carried out an inspection and found that the cause was an unattended chip pan.

They recorded severe damage by fire to the chip pan and its contents, with light smoke damage to the kitchen.