Fire crews tackle wheelie bin blaze in Louth

Cookers were the biggest cause of appliance-related fires in Warwickshire between April 2012 and March 2017
Cookers were the biggest cause of appliance-related fires in Warwickshire between April 2012 and March 2017

Firefighters attended a wheelie bin and surrounding shrubbery on fire in Louth yesterday evening (Sunday).

The Louth fire crew attended the scene in Newmarket after the incident was reported at 8.05pm.

The crew extinguished the fire using one hose reel, and there were no injuries.

The cause of the fire has not been revealed at this stage.