An area of grass and woodland went up in flames near a school and leisure centre in Louth earlier today.
Fire crews from Louth and Binbrook were called out to Stewton Lane, not far from Meridian Leisure Centre and St Bernard’s School, just before 11.30am.
Crews used water hose reels to put the fire out.
SATURDAY 2.40PM: Grain fire leaves fume extractor damaged in Driby Top
Firefighters from three stations dealt with an extractor system blaze on land near the A16 in Driby Top on Thursday.
Crews from Alford, Spilsby and Louth went to Bluestone Heath Road where a fire caused dust, chaff & waste grain damage just after 7am.
The fire, which also damaged the extractor system iteself, was put out with water hose reels and specialist equipment.
It is believed the fire was caused when a build-up of heat in the extraction system ignited dust, chaff and waste grain.
A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said there were no injuries.