The Louth Leader can today reveal a list of the area’s best and worst GP surgeries, based on ratings provided by patients.
The information is available on the NHS Choices website, and is based on responses provided in the GP Patient Survey for those surgeries within a 10 mile radius of Louth town centre. Patients are asked how likely they are to recommend their practice to others.
The survey is sent out twice a year to about 1.36 million adults who are registered with a GP in England.
Here is the list of the best and worst surgeries in Louth and the surrounding 10-mile area, based on the percentage of people who said they would recommend their GP surgery to others.
Data for some practices was not available. To find out the rating of your nearest practice, enter your postcode at www.nhs.uk.
1) Drs D Staunton And Ph Stovin - The Kidgate Surgery, 32 Queen Street, Louth - 95.9% would recommend
2) Drs Owen and Smith - The Wolds Practice, West Road, Tetford - 94%
3) Dr Meiwald & Partners - Binbrook Surgery, Back Lane, Binbrook - 88.3%
4) The North Thoresby Practice, The Surgery, Highfield Road, North Thoresby and Lancaster Gate Holton-le-Clay - 85.7%
5) Dr Woollard And Partners - Merton Lodge Surgery, West Street, Alford - 82.6%
6) Dr Dwyer And Partners - Newmarket Medical Practice, 153 Newmarket, Louth - 76.8%
7) James Street Family Practice, Doctors Surgery, 49 James Street, Louth - 68.8%
8) Dr C N Deaney t/a Marsh Medical Practice - Keeling Street, North Somercotes, Louth - 55.4%