Heat from light bulb starts airing cupboard fire

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.
Share this article

Firecrews were called to Evison Crescent in Alford last night after heat from a light bulb started a fire in a property.

Crews from Alford, Spilsby and Skegness attended the incident at 9.41pm last night (Tuesday) where they used a hose reel to put out the fire and ventilated the property.

An airing cupboard and contents were damaged and the hallway suffered smoke damage.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was caused by radiated heat from a light bulb igniting bedding in the airing cupboard.