A Louth nightspot was among four licensed premises in the area to fail a test of underage alcohol sales.
On Friday officers from Lincolnshire Police HQ Licensing, Special Constabulary and Lincolnshire Trading Standards conducted an intelligence led operation targeting underage sales of alcohol.
Three 16 year-old female volunteers visited licensed premises in the East Lindsey area with following results:
• Moomins, Louth - sale of alcohol - £80 fixed penalty issued to seller.
• Windmill Hotel, Alford – sale of alcohol - £80 fixed penalty issued to seller.
• Black Swan, Horncastle – sale of alcohol - £80 fixed penalty issued to seller.
• Ship Inn, Horncastle – sale of alcohol - £80 fixed penalty issued to seller.
• Kings Head, Horncastle – sale refused
• Punch House, Horncastle – sale refused
The premises refusing sales will be informed by letter from Trading Standards.
The Licence Holders of those premises selling to underage will be invited to a meeting with Police Licensing and Trading Standards officers to discuss the sales and advised how to prevent further such sales.
These premises will then be retested and any sales will lead to a police review of that premises licence at local Licensing Authority and prosecution for persistent selling of alcohol to children (section 147a Licensing Act 2003).