UPDATE: Fire at Manby blamed on ‘discarded smoking materials’

Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

A smoker may have sparked a huge fire today (Sunday) in a derelict, two-storey building at Manby.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue say there was severe fire, heat and smoke damage to the first floor and roof space of the building in Park Lane.

Fire and rescue say they believe the blaze was caused by “discarded smoking materials”.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to put out the fire.

• Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue say they are making “steady progress” fighting a fire in a derelict building on Park Lane at Manby.

Moments ago, the fire service said crews from North Somercoates, Mablethorpe and Alford are on the scene along with an aerial ladder platform crew from Boston.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus are using hose reels and specialist equipment, called Cobra, to help them put out the fire.

• Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue is fighting a huge building fire on Park Lane at Manby.Four pumps and a further fire and rescue vehicle are on the scene.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue is warning people to avoid the area if possible.

New of the fire was broken in a tweet just before 1pm today (Sunday).

More as we get it.