Late Albion goals condemn Louth Town to fourth straight defeat

No caption ABCDE
No caption ABCDE

LOUTH Town battled hard before falling to a heavy 3-0 defeat at high flying Albion Sports on Saturday as their worrying league form continues.

Second half goal from Adam Jones and a late brace from Jordan Missin put Town to the sword as they fell to a fourth successive defeat at the Horsfall Stadium which the club shares with Bradford Park Avenue.

No caption ABCDE

No caption ABCDE

Town began with only one substitute as manager Paul Walden’s injury crisis continued.

The visitors began well though, with good possession and forwards Matt Kennedy and Elliot Broughton finding time and space on the ball.

And Town had the game’s first real chance when Broughton’s shot flew across the face of goal and out for a goal kick.

Mark Wood’s free kick from a foul on Broughton saw captain Carl Martin’s header glance just over the bar before a flurry of further attacks saw the home side lucky to still be at 0-0.

No caption ABCDE

No caption ABCDE

A long kick by goalkeeper Craig Wherry allowed Broughton some more space, but a good tackle by Albion defender Pattinson saw a corner given, before further good play by Kennedy saw him hauled down in the box. The Town players and management called for a penalty but the referee was unmoved.

Town had donimated the opening half but went into the break goalless.

Martin had another good header well saved by the Albion goalkeeper as the second half began, and at the other end a Helliwell shot was well saved by Wherry.

On the hour mark Albion took the lead against the run of play. A Holmes corner whipped in to the nearpost saw Adam Jones nip in to make it 1-0.

And on 78 minutes the hosts doubled their lead when a speculative shot from Jordan Missin from the edge of the box flew in off the underside of the bar.

By this stage the White Wolves’ heads had dropped, another great save by Wherry kept the lead at just two before the third came at the death.

A breakaway from a Town attack saw Missin race clear before shooting into the top corner.

The final whistle came and Town were condemned to a 3-0 defeat despite playing well for much of the game.