Louth Indoor Bowls Club leagues are building up to some very tight finishes as they enter the closing weeks of the season.
The top two teams are already decided in the Afternoon Triples, but the order will probably depend on the penultimate round of games when the two rivals face each other.
Dolphins currently lead the way after preserving their one-point advantage with a 27-5 win over bottom team Louth, but Taylor Made kept up the pressure with a 14-9 win over Poachers.
* There’s an equally absorbing battle in the Monday Evening Two-Bowl Triples.
Fast Shippers pinched top spot thanks to a far superior shots difference after their 31-7 win against Les Miserabowls.
Deposed leaders Humberstone have the same number of points, but lost 18-15 in a crucial game against Chalkers who are now a point behind with a game in hand.
Half Pints are three points off the lead and they, too, slipped up when losing 18-14 to Alford who came good over the last four ends.
* There is a three-way contest for promotion from Division Two of the Wednesday/Thursday Morning Triples.
Sleepwalkers regained top spot by one point after a surprisingly simple 17-5 victory over main rivals Backwoodsmen who slipped to second.
After beating bottom team Scorpions 16-11, Fledglings are level on points with Backwoodsmen, but have played a game more and still face Sleepwalkers.
* Castaways clinched the Monday Lunchtime League title when winning 24-11 against third-placed Goodies.
The result meant Kestrels will finish second after they beat Ducklings 28-8.
* Horace Cope and Brenda True have been crowned champions of the Australian Pairs thanks to two victories in a week.
They beat Tony Saunders and Joan Stones to clinch the title and put the icing on the cake with a 13-10 victory over Andrew McMaster and Michael Norton in an excellent game.
* Boston Bowls Supplies will be visiting the club next Tuesday (April 5) with a selection of bowls and clothing.
The club will be holding an open session the following Sunday, April 10 between 9am and 1.30pm when non-members can go along and try the game out. Entry is free.