Louth Tennis Centre’s Aegon Mens team lost out in dramatic circumstances in a tough match at Burton Waters, in Lincoln.
The team of Joe Allinson, Marcus Nidd, Dion West and Dibber Clark led 3-1 after the singles round, but the hosts hauled themselves level at 3-3 after the doubles.
In a final shoot-out, Louth let slip a big lead to lose 11-9 in the tie-break. The outcome was disappointing, but a great team effort.
* The senior men’s first team continued their run of success, beating Scotter 4-0 away.
The team of Neil Knapton, Trevor Blades, Tim Strawson and Roger Clark are proving a very strong combination.
* The centre’s youngest team, the Mini Red under 8s, hosted Boston and lost 13-3. These are early days for the team of Martha Baxter, Morgan Hill, Connor Buckley and Matthew Key, but all showed a great attitude.
* The Mini Orange under 9s team of Jessica Dyson, Finlay Cave, Louis Marr and Harrison McVeigh won 12-8 on the clay courts of Grantham’s new centre, and the scoreline could have been more convincing.
Harrison felt poorly and his games were played by Jessica and Finlay, and although they won all of their matches they did not count towards the final score.
* The under 14s boys’ team of Toby Grantham, Freddie Carroll, Sam Fisher and Harrison Tuite whitewashed Woodhall Spa opponents, Tennis Buddies, 12-0.
The are proving a strong combination and could achieve a high finish if they remain available for the rest of the season.
* Louth’s first-ever under 14s girls team of Florence, Imogen, Lucy and Olivia (pictured) produced a great performance, but fell to a very strong, older Grantham team.